Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Windcrest Tri 2011

This is another super sprint race that I did a couple weeks after The Rookie.  I originally was not going to do this one but I had talked some friends who had never done a tri before into doing this one and they really wanted me to race this one with them.  So I went ahead and signed up for it.  Last year I placed 2nd in my age group, so I really didn't want to do it again because I didn't want to tarnish my first podium finish :-)

This is a 200m pool swim, 10 m bike, and 2 mi run.  I had a goal of finishing this race in under an hour since last year I did it in 61 minutes.  The swim is a snake style swim and I actually lined myself up pretty good because I didn't have anybody pass me and I only had to pass two people on the last lap of the swim.  I ended up with a 4:42 swim.  The bike course was changed up a bit from the year before but it's a mostly flat course with only a couple small inclines and I knocked it out in 35 minutes.  Not as good as I wanted to do but I wanted to make sure I had a good run.  The run is interesting because the first mile is up a gradual incline and then the 2 mile is downhill all the way.  I did it in 18:24 (a little slower than last year but still faster than my previous race).  I ended up with a total time of 1:00:09.  Just shy of my goal of wanting to finish under an hour but I knocked a minute off my time from the year before.  This is all I could have asked for.  It earned me another medal - third in my age group.  Not too shabby!  And I forgot to mention - I missed 2nd place by 2 seconds!!   

And all my friends who were competing n their very first triathlon had a great time and are already signed up for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment