Thursday, January 14, 2016

Kerrville Olympic Tri

I constantly find myself falling behind on this "blog" thing but I really like sharing my stories, so if you don't mind reading about my adventures a few months after they have happened, I'm going to keep sharing. It allows me relieve all the moments again (good and bad) and I enjoy looking back on the experience and seeing if my feelings have changed since the race took place.

The Kerrville Tri is one of my favorite races and I've done it every year since it began (hint, hint - I need like a free race registration or something). One thing I did learn after last years race is that I definitely ENJOY the Olympic distance race at this venue over the half-ironman distance race. I've done the half three times and the Olympic twice and I definitely have more fun doing the Olympic.

I went into this years race with some high goals. I really, really, really wanted to place. I've been so close before and I felt like my training going into this race was strong and I was feeling good so I wanted to leave it all out there. As the race started, I felt great from the get go. I completed the swim, bike, and run without a hitch and I was very happy with my overall performance and my final time. Since it was a time-trial start I had no idea who was ahead or behind me and I kept checking my place on the computer to see if anyone who started behind me overtook me. I have to give a huge shout-out to the girl who won my AG because she ended up being the overall winner and that bumped me up into 3rd in my AG!! FINALLY - I placed in a super competitive Kerrville race!!!

Swim:  21:58 - still need to get faster in open water
T1:  2:45
Bike:  1:26:32 (20.1 mph)
T2:  2:40
Run:  54:36 (8.32 min/mi)
Total:  2:48:33

I was so super happy to be able to run that fast after having a very strong for me bike leg. I PR'd my Olympic distance time by 7 mins and got a podium finish! Great day indeed!


I loved the new 1-loop run course!
Podium!

No comments:

Post a Comment